A Tier 1 Contractor are seeking an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a permanent basis.
They are currently undertaking a £800m Smart Motorway Improvement Scheme on the M4 between Junctions 3-12.
The aim of this project is to increase the capacity on the roads whilst reducing congestion and journey times, in order to achieve this they will be converting the hard shoulder into an additional lane, adding electronic signs with speed reductions and altering 6 underpasses which are being widened to accommodate 4 lanes each as well as replacing 11 overbridges with larger span structures.
This project is expected to last for several years' and you will have the opportunity to take part in assisting with the creation of a key part of the infrastructure surrounding the capital.
Some of your duties will include:
• Understanding the impact of commercial and technical changes at a strategic level
• Providing commercial support to the tendering process when it is required
• Reporting to a Project Manager or Commercial Manager for section of the project
• Communicating between the client, PQS and Senior Staff
Requirements for this position:
• Degree educated in Quantity Surveying in a Commercial Management
• Stable career history
• Experience of working on Smart Motorway Schemes